Monday, January 11, 2010

March 2009

In March, we decided we had so much fun moving in that we would do it all over again. So moved pretty much all the furniture out. Okay it wasn't just for fun. Actually we had to get new flooring. It was so bad from the pets the people had. I vacuumed constantly and we could not get rid of the animal fur and there were really bad stains too. So, out with the old, in with the new! It was so much work trying to finish up painting before they installed the floors. Ben was trying to get the hang of his new job which was a ton of work and stress! I felt like I was painting nonstop and the kids probably did too. How do you like my retro pants? Yes, so I'm a little messy when I paint. That's why I really needed to get it done before the new floors were installed. T.Jay, Ben's brother, came to visit us in our new home and he was such a help moving furniture and helping with the kids! What a crazy time! I still can't believe we survived it!

We decided our lives were not crazy enough so we took two trips that month. One to AZ for my Oma's 90th birthday and one to Utah to visit Ben's parents in their new home in Plain City as they retired and moved from Texas at the same time we were moving from AZ to Vegas. Now both sets of grandparents are just a few hours away. Yeah!

Just before we left for AZ we were having the tile installed in the bathrooms and the guys who were putting our toilets back together had another emergency job they had to take care of and were held up. I wanted to say, we are an emergency too! We have four little kids who need to go potty so we can go out of town! Ha, ha! Thank goodness for good neighbors!


Here's a few pictures my brother-in-law took with his camera in Utah. He has a super nice camera. (Yes, I admit I am jealous!)



This is me with James on the farm next to Ben's grandparents and parents house. It is actually his grandparents old home where Ben's dad grew up!

Nathaniel roasting marshmellow




Annika


Liesel




Elora

James gets lots of loves from grandparents. Here he is with Great-Grandpa Ashdown in Utah.


And here he is with my dad in Arizona! Lots of love in one month from grandparents. Maybe that made up for the lack of attention from me during the month! : (









1 comment:

Dacia said...

wow, sounds like quite the busy time in your life. Can't wait to see the new flooring & the paint job looks great! I still haven't painted anything :)