Sunday, February 21, 2010

Two Long

This is Ben writing. I have felt the need to lay bare my soul to all the world - and since I don't have a blog of my own, I will do right here! I know, exciting, huh? But I really don't have a ton of time for soul baring, and nobody out there has time to read about it. (OK, if it was really exciting, I know you would make time. But guess what? It's not.)

Anyway, I thought I should come up with some great gimmick to hook readers. My first thought was, "Ben and Julia!" and I would cook all of the recipe's in one of Julia Child's cook books in one year and write about it. But I found out it has been done. So then I thought of "Ben and Chef BoyRDee!" Only this time I would open a different can of stuff every day for lunch and write about my increasing weight.

But I abandoned that as well and I have settled on, "Two Long." I will post a list of and/or review a list of whatever I feel like. But to save everybody time, my list will only be two items long. I figure it is way shorter than a top ten list. A top three list is currently taken by the Olympics with their whole 'gold, silver, bronze' thing. But a list two items long is still twice as long as a list of only one item.

For today's post, I shall list my top favorite prayers said by children in my family:

1. Elora (age 3), "Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for......MEEEEEEEEE! Amen."
2 Annika (age 5), "...and please help me to stop sneaking into Nathaniel's room and stealing his Halloween candy..."

3 comments:

jill said...

ha ha ha! Oh, kid's prayers are THE best! Calvin once asked for a blessing on all of the states...and then started to name them all...alphabetically...until he got to Oklahoma...at which point he sighed and said, "and all the rest of them."
Did you know that Annika was sneaking candy? And...you still have Halloween candy? You must have really scored last year! :)

Hanne said...

HA HA I LOVE IT!

Dacia said...

I just love hearing kids prayers! Those are sweet, thanks for sharing!