Sunday, June 29, 2008

I Hope They Call Me on a Mission

The kids had Primary Activity Day yesterday where they went on pretend missions. I have to give credit to our primary presidency for making it so very REALISTIC. First of all they sent the kids postcards in the mail telling them where the mission call was to, etc. Nathaniel got called to Massachussettes, Liesel to Germany(which whe was very excited about since Ben went there) and Annika to Washington. Here are two conversations I had with the kids.

Nathaniel(quietly): "Mom...(long pause) are these missions calls where we will really go when we go on a mission?"

And later, Liesel who hadn't heard our conversation was telling me how excited she was that she gets to go to Germany on her mission. I said to her, "You know these aren't where you are going for real though, right?" Her response was priceless. Her jaw dropped a little and then "Huh??!" she exclaimed and finally she giggled at herself.

3 comments:

Dacia said...

I remember as a kid going to the same type of activity and it was one of my favorite.

Beth said...

I remember when I lived in San Diego and we all used snail mail to communicate - your letters always had me rolling on the ground laughing at all the family's antics! You have a gift for finding those funny moments and retelling them so well! Thanks for putting a smile on my face today! XOXO

jill said...

What an awesome idea. Very cute that your kids want to go to Germany!
Thanks for sharing!